Featured Video

Share your way you teach your english

Minggu, 15 Mei 2011

TEXT RECOUNT

Teks Recount adalah teks yang isinya tentang pengalaman2 atau kejadian2 yang terjadi pada waktu lampau.
Generic Structure : Orientation - Events - Reorientation
Dalam teks Recount, Generic Structure nya adalah:
Orientation - Events - Reorientation.

Note : 'Event' dalam teks Recount boleh satu atau lebih. Dan 'Reorientation' adalah optional (boleh ada boleh tidak)
Tenses yang digunakan selalu Past Tense.

Teks Recount : Teks yang berisi kejadian/ pengalaman di waktu lampau.
Generic Structure : Orientation - Even(s)
Orientation berisi : Pengenalan tokoh, tempat dan waktu.
Event (s) berisi : Kejadian/Peristiwa - peristiwa yang terjadi.
Re-orientation (Optional/Tidak harus ada) : Ungkapan pribadi penulis atau penutup dari cerita.

Contoh teks RECOUNT

1) I am used to traveling by air and only on one occasion I have ever felt frightened. After taking off, we flew low over the city. It slowly went high to the sky. But suddenly it turned round and flew back to the airport.(Ini adalah Orientation)

An airhostess told us to keep calm and to get off the plane quietly as soon as it touched down. Everybody on board was worried and we were curious to find out what happened. Later we learnt that there was a very important person on board. Earlier somebody told the police that there was a bomb on the plane. After we landed, the police searched the plane carefully. Fortunately, they did not find a bomb and five hours later we were able to take off again.(Ini adalah Event).

Purpose : The purpose of a recount is to retell events. The prefix re means again. So to recount is to state again.
Structure : There is often an opening or setting a of a scene. E.g. I went to the park.
The events in a recount are often in the order that they happen (Chronological order):
“I went to the park and I saw a pond. The pond had ducks sitting at the side of it”. A recount will often have a closing statement. E.g. I left the park and went home.

Language features:
Recounts are written in the past tense. They can be written in the first or the third person
1st person it is happening to the person writing the recount i.e. I went to the park.3rd person. An observer is telling it. Tom went to the park, there he saw a pond. The connectives in a recount are often: Next, then, after that. Recounts focus on what an individual or a group of people were doing.


The following are examples of recounts.

My mother got me ready for school then I had to wait for her to brush my hair and place every strand in just the perfect position. I had to show her my shoes that I had cleaned the night before and my school bag had to be neatly put on my shoulder before I could get near the door. Only after my mother was totally satisfied would I be allowed to rush out of the front door.
I would leave home at 8 am on the dot and make my way down the lane. After a walk of about 700 meters I would be able to see the tall steeple of the school.
The playground would be full in the summer and the noise would make me want to rush into the yard and get into a good game of football before the bell went.

0 komentar:

Entri Populer